Wednesday 18 March 2015

Little Lipstick Collection.

Recently I have become somewhat an avid collector of lipsticks. I just can't help myself.
MAC and Soap and Glory have become personal favourites, with a couple of Rimmel's on the side.
Let's start with the eau naturals.
MAC in 'Pink Plaid' and Soap and Glory's 'The Missing Pink' are both very similar shades and are perfect if you're going for that natural/pinkish look. I tend to use these for casual days out.
For a natural beige I can not rave enough about Super Nude by Soap and Glory. I wear this nearly every day, it's lovely and smooth on my lips and smells like vanilla. When I use heavy eyeshadow (usually with my Naked Palette by Urban Decay) I like to use quite a calm lipstick so I don't over do it, which Super Nude is perfect for. And to top it off, it's a perfect natural look too.
Next we have the lovely reds. MAC's Ruby Woo is a brilliant and rich crimson red colour. Because it's matte, it can be quite dry when applying to my lips so i'd recommend using a lip liner with this one, and maybe topping it off with a bit of lipgloss for a bit of moisture. As a nice dark red I really like 'Wine' in Rimmel's Kate Moss collection, and it smells really nice! At the moment, i'm on a bit of a purpley hype. My newest and most favourite is 'Rebel' by MAC. So far it's my only purple lipstick and I absolutely love the colour. Another close favourite is another MAC gem, 'Flat Out Fabulous' which I am wearing in the picture below (the filter makes it look pink).

With most of MAC's dark shaded lipsticks, Flat Out Fabulous, Rebel and Ruby Woo are nearly impossible to completely wash off your lips. I often find myself with a scourer and soap scrubbing my lips! If anyone has any remedies that helps them with this, I would be very thankful. Most of the lipsticks I wear are because they have been recommended to me by friends and family. I'm always willing to try out a new shade!
𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒𝕓𝕖𝕝

No comments:

Post a Comment