Wednesday 1 March 2017

February.


Finally back to a proper monthly round up. It's always nice to look back on these and remember everything that I was up to.
This month I had my final first day at University. This summer i'll be graduating (hopefully) and that's the scariest thought i've ever had. A lot of my free time was spent on a hot date with my dissertation, writing towards my goal of 10,000 words of complete and utter bollocks.

Kiri is one of the closest friends I met whilst I was in Australia, and luckily enough, she only lives 2 streets away from me here in Leeds. We've been meaning to meet up for ages but we've been busy, and when we talked about it we figured that we'd been putting it off as we didn't know if things would still be the same now we're not in that amazing country any more. We couldn't have been more wrong. We had an amazing catch up and talked for hours. Both of us needed to be up super early in the morning so we agreed to "have a few drinks" and aim to leave Box at 11pm. This did not happen. At 3am we were sat in a girl's room that we had met that night (she wasn't a weirdo she was lovely), when Kiri turned to me and said, "Annabel, we definitely need to go to bed now". Miraculously, I still made my 9am lecture and Kiri made it to work. A nap was needed.

One of my most favourite things not just in February but like ever was seeing Green Day at Leeds First Direct Arena. I really don't know what to say now because I can't put into words how amazing they were. Billie-Joe Armstrong was the most entertaining artist I have ever seen, and he was so natural and genuine with it. The performance the group gave was amazing and I really hope I get the chance to see them again. I pretty much just spent the night screaming with my sister, Emma and cousin, Natasha. (Shout out to Posicle Riley & Uncle Simon for getting the tickets and taking us).

Best. Gig. Ever.
For Em's Christmas present, I surprised her with tickets to go see Jack Whitehall, and finally the day came! He was hilarious, I laughed so much my cheeks hurt. I've been to see a few comedians before but it was a first for Emma, who thought it was really weird sitting down in Leeds Arena.

I honestly had the best Valentines Day. I spent the evening with Kiri, Peree, Harriet and my Mum. I'd just won my stone and a half award at Slimming World so I felt like celebrating (we ate, A LOT, of shit*). There was Daim ice cream, cookie dough, melted chocolate, pizza, Walkers Sensations, wine... But we had a lovely night in with my Mum telling the girls embarrassing stories about me, watching TV and laughing at various memories when we'd consecutively go; "do you remember when..." or "remember that time...". All in all, it was a great night, however I ate nothing but vegetables for the few days that followed!

I feel like this month it would have made more sense if i'd just moved into Leeds Arena. This time it was to see Kings of Leon, a band i've loved for years. Jordan, Harriet (both cousins), Emma (sister) and I went and they were absolutely awesome.

My dissertation deadline is next month...i'm not freaking out yet but there is still time.

Annabel

Slimming World update: Got my Stone and a half & Club 10 awards this month, 1st 11lb lost in total.

*not literal shit...

No comments:

Post a Comment