Tuesday 26 January 2016

Caitlin Moran.

As i'm on the train to go see my best pal Tom, (whose blog you can read here), i'm reading one of Caitlin Moran's books, 'How To Be A Woman'.
Previously I read one of her other books 'How To Build A Girl' and absolutely loved it. It's one of the rare books that once I started reading it I just couldn't put it down, and ended up finishing it in 2 days.

How To Build A Girl

Even though the book is fictional, I love how honest it is. Caitlyn really doesn't hold back when she's writing and that's one of the things I like most about her as an author.  'How To Build A Girl' has so many different elements to it too. At one point you'll feel sympathetic towards the protagonist, then you'll be laughing. Then to put a real twist on things you'll be cringing at the slightly more awkward parts of the book. I found myself racing to finish the book because I just couldn't wait to find out what happens, it's such a rollercoaster of a book.

How To Be A Woman

I've read less than a chapter in 'How To Be A Woman' and already I can't wait to read the rest of it. Caitlyn sets the scene pretty much straight away and she's not scared to just jump straight into it. I obviously can't say too much about this one not having read it yet so i'll copy down the blurb for you and you can see if it's something you'd like to read!

"It's a good time to be a woman: we have the vote and the Pill, and we haven't been burnt as witches since 1727. However, a few nagging questions do remain...
Why are we supposed to get Brazilians? Should we use Botox? And why does everyone ask when you're going to have a baby?"

It goes without saying that these books appeal to the slight feminist in me. I totally recommend them if you like the sound of them!
𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒𝕓𝕖𝕝

No comments:

Post a Comment