Tuesday 3 February 2015

#1 Christmas Gift: The Urban Decay Naked Palette.

My sister definitely topped the Christmas present charts when she got me the Urban Decay Naked Palette last year. It's the perfect palette to use for both casual and a perfect going out look. And the best thing about it; it all still looks so natural.

Another benefit of this palette, you get some free eyeshadow primer!

Virgin - This one is perfect to highlight the corners of my eyes and just under my eyebrows.
Sin - I like to wear this when I go out for a casual/slightly dressed up day out like shopping. It's a very plain colour with just the right amount of sparkle.
Naked - This is just a little darker than my skin tone and isn't shimmery so it's great for a casual look and goes perfect with Buck (also not a shimmery one) to create a natural smokey eye look without any sparkles.
Sidecar - This one is very similar to Sin and makes a very nice natural shimmer.
Half Baked - I love this one as it's a very nice golden colour and can highlight any shade on the eyes. I especially like to use it with Smog and Darkhorse.
Smog - I really like to use this with Darkhorse when I want to get really dressed up. The two together can make a very nice shimmery smokey eye.
Toasted - Slightly darker and pinker than Half-Baked, I love this one when I want a darker shimmer, and goes very well with Hustle.
Hustle - A very dark brown, perfect for creating those dark corners.
Creep - I haven't used this one yet as it's a very dark colour and at the moment i'm on a dark lipstick hype and I don't like to have both dark eyes and dark lips - it's either one or the other.
Gunmetal -  I haven't yet used this one either, I imagine it will go very well with Creep to create a heavy smokey eye.

I decided to get artistic and instead of showing a picture of the palette, I created a swatch on my arm!

In the end, my favourite shades have to be Sidecar, Sin and Naked. 


No comments:

Post a Comment