Thursday 10 July 2014

A day at Total Warrior

As i'm studying Events Management at Uni, I try to volunteer at as many events as possible.
A couple of weeks ago I volunteered for a day at Total Warrior. It was so fun! Definitely the most enjoyable work experience i've had at an event so far. I even got a free jacket!


I got a t-shirt too but I much prefer the jacket. And I got free food. Free food is key.
So my position was an obstacle marshall. I just had to make sure that people were using the obstacle correctly and safely. My obstacle was the trenches. So far it sounds a bit boring, but shouting at the competitors like an army general kept me occupied! And I could tell it was motivating them.


All the contestants needed to do is jump into that lovely watery mud, and climb over the little hill using the rope (at this point they had tackled 25 obstacles and 10km). Luckily I had no injuries to deal with! 


Yeah. This happened.





Just a few more of the obstacles!

So if you're thinking of volunteering at an event, I'd definitely recommend this one! It's so fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment