Sunday 26 June 2016

What i'll miss & what i'm looking forward to: Part 2.

A while ago I did a post like this before I came to Australia which you can read here, so I thought I would do another one about when I go back home to Leeds, which sadly now isn't far away!

What I will miss
1. My friends: I've met so many wonderful people from all around the world during my time here and I really don't know how i'm going to say goodbye to them all. Hopefully most of them will be 'see you later' rather than 'goodbye'!
2. Tim Tams: If you ever come to Australia, just try a Tim Tam. That's all.
3. The weather: I use this one lightly as it's bloody freezing here now, but in the summer it reached 40*. This was just a little over the line of what I can handle and was like walking around an oven, but i'm going to miss wandering about in a vest and shorts in March.
4. Hearing the Aussie accent: Even before I came this was one of my favourite accents and i'm definitely going to miss hearing it all the time, however my sister and I try to imitate it quite a lot.
5. My flat: When I eventually moved into my second room, I fell in love with it. I liked to be around a lot of people which is why I hung out at my friend's building quite a lot as it was always busy, but it was always nice to come back to my own little space for some peace and quiet!
6. Having a balcony: I didn't even use it much, I just loved having one and admiring the view.
7. The city: Back home I live in Leeds, which is considered a big city in England. After living in Melbourne, Leeds seems tiny to me. It's so busy here but everyone is so chilled out at the same time.
8. Going out every week: Until I came here I probably went on a night out maybe once every couple of months, I just didn't enjoy it that much. But for some reason when I moved here I was averaging 2/3 nights a week here. This did calm down after the first couple of months though - my bank account and liver needed it!

What i'm looking forward to
1. The first one is definitely my sister: Yes we're siblings and there are times when I want to kill her but she is literally my favourite person in the world and i've missed her the most.
2. And my parents: That moment in the airport where I walk out of the arrivals lounge and they run up and give me a big hug just like they do in the films. I can't wait for that.
3. Aaaand everyone else in my family: My extended family of Aunts, Uncles and Cousins is pretty large so I can't wait for all of the mini reunions!
3. My friends: Even though we've been Skyping and writing letters to each other i've missed them all like crazy and can't wait to see them.
4. My cat: I've missed this guy so fricking much. I can't wait to give him a cuddle!
5. My car: I've liked being healthier here and walking places, my pedometer app is going strong, but i've definitely missed having my car and just being able to jump in and drive anywhere. I'm not even sure i'll be insured on it for the summer but i'm looking forward to just having it there (and maybe going on a sneaky drive around the block).
6. Moving into my 3rd year house: I'm so so so excited to do this and i'm moving in with the loveliest bunch of girls that i've missed loads so this is v v exciting.
7. A BATH: Sometimes I love nothing more than a good bubble bath and I just love how relaxing they are, sometimes i'm in there for hours! I only have a shower in my room in Aus so i'm very excited for this.
8. My bed: At home I have a double bed with a lovely thick duvet, here it's too hot for a duvet so I have a sheet and a blanket, and it's a single bed.

In my first few weeks here I was feeling a tiny bit homesick still because there was a lot of people that I missed. I was enjoying myself here but just kind of saw it as a way of getting through the next 5 months to see all my family and friends again. But then I started to make friends from all around the world and started to realise that when I leave here, it's going to be so so sad. Going from living with all these lovely exciting people every day and learning so much about them to leaving and maybe never seeing them again isn't a nice thought. Hopefully we will all eventually meet up again.
But at the same time I am so so excited to see everyone back home.

ᗩᑎᑎᗩᗷEᒪ♥

1 comment: