Sunday 7 February 2016

Choosing the right foundation.

That noticed that it's been a while since I did a beauty related post, and when it comes to make up, one of the biggest problems I face (scuse the pun) is getting the right foundation. It's either too thick/too dark/too pale/not enough coverage/doesn't last/too oily..... There are a lot of factors in choosing one that's right for you.
So I thought i'd just write some quick reviews on foundations I have tried in the past in case it helps any of you guys out!

1. Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse
When I was in high school I wore Maybelline's Matte Mousse every single day. I loved the stuff. I found a shade that matched my skin perfectly and as this was the period where I had only just started to wear make up, it didn't feel too heavy on my skin or make me look too 'caked up'. If you're after a light foundation just to even out your skin tone then this is perfect.


2. MAC Studio Fix Fluid
If this foundation was a person, I would worship the ground it walked on. I seriously can not rave about this foundation enough. Depending on how much you put on, you can choose the amount of coverage you'd like, for instance through the day i put on a small amount to just even out my skin, then when I go out I like a bit more coverage. I love this when I go out because if you're like me and dance a lot when you go out, this doesn't show up how shiny you are - and you don't need powder on top!


3. No7 Stay Perfect Foundation
I didn't use this one for that long, so as you can guess it didn't make a lasting impression. It pretty much just had the same problem most foundations do - didn't last very long. I went for the colour match service that they were doing in Boots as I was really struggling to find a foundation that matched my skin. Fortunately, the one they picked out for me (Calico, and also the palest), matched quite well. I was just disappointed with how long it lasted on my face.

(Photo unavailable - I stupidly binned this one a few weeks ago!)

4. Rimmel Wake Me Up Anti-Fatigue Foundation
I like to use this foundation as an emergency one when I run out of my MAC. It gives perfectly good coverage and applies fairly evenly. There are only 2 things that make me reach for my MAC foundation more than this one. The first being that this one doesn't last very long. I'd find that after a few hours most of the foundation will have worn off. The second is due to it being quite a shiny and oily foundation, powder is needed on top.


5. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
Honestly, I was pretty disappointed with this foundation. It could have been a case of not being suited for my skin type, but I really didn't like anything about it, which is annoying - especially for the price you pay! I've heard a lot of people rave on about this one but I seriously couldn't attach to it. The shade I chose was too pale and I found it started to wear off my face after less than an hour. Honestly for this one i'd advise you not to waste your money!


I feel your pain ladies (or men!). Choosing the right foundation can be a nightmare until you find 'the one', so I hope this has helped!
𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒𝕓𝕖𝕝

No comments:

Post a Comment