Monday 10 August 2015

Birthday Week.

So anyone in and around my radar will have caught wind that I turned 21 last week. I mean it was pretty difficult not to notice, the celebrations lasted over a week. Here's an overview of everything I got up to!

Monday 3rd August
We're going to Disneyland! Me, Emma, my best friend Sophie and her brother Daniel went to celebrate mine and Sophie's 21sts. After we had checked into the hotel we went on an adventure to the Eiffel Tower and got slightly lost in the process. Still, it was a brilliant start to my birthday week.

Tuesday 4th August
Our first day in the Disneyland Parks! We were in the main Disneyland Park from 9:30am until midnight. It was a LONG day! Our favourite ride was Space Mountain (we went on 3 times) and the parade was INSANE! That night we went for dinner at Planet Hollywood and went to watch the evening firework and light show at the castle.

Wednesday 5th August
After spending the day in the Walt Disney Studios Park, meeting Winnie the Pooh and queuing for over an hour for Crush's Coaster, we eventually had to make our way back home. I'll be writing about all 3 days in Paris in much more detail soon so watch this space!
Thursday 6th August
IT'S MY BIRTHDAY BITCHES. My birthday started in the wee early hours - arriving at Leeds Train Station after an awesome 3 days in Paris. I have already claimed this day as everyone's favourite day of the year, and there was only 1 way I wanted to spend it - LaserZone! I invited my whole family to Xscape and we played 2 hilarious games. We were split up into a blue and yellow team. In the second game some kids and their Dad joined in and may I just say, they were absolute little bastards. So we all ganged up and annihilated them. Afterwards, we all freshened up and went to Franco's Restaurant for some good nosh. At the meal I opened a few more prezzies and suffered the annual embarrassment of being sung to with a birthday cake. When we got home, I finally got to open my boyfriend, James' present, after he'd been raving about it for weeks. He's taking me to Rome and we're staying in the Princess Hotel - perfect!
Friday 7th August
James and I finally got some use out of our Merlin Passes and went to Thorpe Park for the day. We managed to go on all of the big rides; Swarm, Saw, Nemesis Inferno and Stealth (Colossus was closed). I had a great time and it was funny to see the Nemesis Inferno after it was featured on The Inbetweeners, but I honestly don't understand the massive hype that the park gets. If you're ever torn between the two, definitely go with Alton Towers. Plus when I went to the little girls' room, there was an employee sat in a cubicle with the doors open hugging her knees and crying. Then she got up and acted like nothing had happened...
Saturday 8th August
By this point in the week, I was extremely exhausted (each night in Disneyland, including the night before, I only had 5 hours sleep). I took my cousin/goddaughter to Manchester, to visit the LEGOland Discovery Centre. It was a really fun day out and we got to visit the Sealife Centre too then nipped into a few shops, including the Disney Store (you can never have too much Disney in one week). By the time I got home and into bed, I pretty much crashed immediately.
Sunday 9th August
Finally a lazy day! I had such an amazing week but it all finally caught up with me, so naturally I had a well needed PJ day. I also had a bit of a clear out and managed to fill 2 bin bags full of stuff I don't need any more. Out with the old and in with the new!

I had such a good week and I owe it all to the one and only Momma Pip. She's put up with my constant diva moments about wanting everything to be perfect and it so was. I love you Mum.


No comments:

Post a Comment