Thursday 10 August 2017

Canada.

1st August: The Journey
So the first flight was supposed to be a 7 hour flight from Manchester to Toronto, with a 6 hour layover until my 5 hour flight to Vancouver. However, due to some crazy storms in Toronto we were circling the area for around 40 minutes until the Captain announced that we needed to stop somewhere for fuel, and the closest airport available was in Buffalo, NY. This was my first visit to the USA and I didn't even leave the plane, (they opened the doors for air so i'm still going to count it). After waiting 2 hours (yes, still sat on the plane), we set off again to Toronto. I had around 2 hours to check in my suitcase again, go through security and find my gate. Really it was just a blessing in disguise as I really wasn't looking forward to sitting around for 6 hours. I eventually landed in Vancouver after sleeping for most of the second journey, and as I rounded the corner into baggage claim, I heard a scream, and Priya was running straight towards me with a bunch of balloons. We got some funny looks and we hugged around 10 times but it was so good to see her again after over a year! We waiting for my suitcase, got in her car, and drove to her parents' house where we crashed pretty much straight away.

Day 1: Priya and her friend Aisha took me to Cultus Lake, which has a waterpark right next to it. After we spent a few hours on the waterslides, we grabbed something to eat and then made our way down to the lake, where we went for a swim. That night we watched a movie and ordered pizza, however I crashed early as the jet lag was setting in.

Trees for days.
Day 2: The three of us went out for the day again, this time to Golden Ears National Park where we rented a canoe for an hour, and luckily, didn't tip it. We rowed out to a little beach where we went for a quick swim, then hopped back in the canoe back to the main beach. After heading home, we changed and went for dinner, before going to see Spiderman Homecoming (finally!).

Priya & I rowing back to the main beach.
Day 3: Priya drove me to Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, where we walked across this (really high!) bridge, just like the ones on I'm A Celebrity. I was so focused on admiring the view and taking pictures and videos that I didn't really get that scared, despite heights being up there with one of my number 1 fears. Everything was just so green. We then went on treetop and clifftop walks which were breathtaking.

So high up!
Day 4: We packed up our stuff and left Priya's parents' house, and made our way to Priya's apartment in Nanaimo, Vancouver Island. First we waited for the ferry (for 3 hours), then once we were on it we grabbed some food then went back to the car for a nap. On our way to Priya's we stopped by the liquor store to get some alcohol for that night. That night we went out with a few of Priya's friends for my birthday, where I got some free shots!

Day 5: Finally my birthday! We were really tired from the night before so we had a little lie in and then me, Priya and her friends from the night before all met up at Nanaimo River for a few hours. Then we all went home, got ready and went out again. More free birthday shots were had.

Great views for my birthday!
Day 6: The weekend finally caught up with me, and my head was feeling very sore. Priya and I went for a wander in a shopping mall then went to a different spot by Nanaimo River for a few hours.

Me, Priya & pizza.
Luckily I haven't burnt yet, there's a load of forest fires in British Columbia right now and the smoke is blocking out the majority of the sun. Looking forward to next weeks adventures!

Day 7: Drive to Tofino
Priya drove us a few hours up Vancouver Island to go stay in Tofino for a couple of days. We stayed at a really nice resort on the riverfront and booked a boat trip for the next day to visit a small island with hot springs - something I have always wanted to do.

Day 8: Tofino, Ellis River
During the boat trip we saw Grey Whales, Otters, Bears and Eagles

Day 9: Not the most exciting day, we pretty much just hung out at the apartment all day then went on another night out.

Day 10: Hungover once again, and my new favourite thing to do in this case is to go visit the river, so we went back down to Nanaimo River for the afternoon.

Day 11: Ziplining
As stated previously, i'm terrified of heights, but i've always wanted to go ziplining, and it didn't disappoint. We flew over rivers, trees and waterfalls and the view was amazing. I tried to take pictures and film it but my GoPro decided to start playing up.

Day 12:

Annabel

No comments:

Post a Comment