Monday 1 May 2017

April.


April started as March ended. Alcohol.

I went out for a few drinks with a couple of my housemates and my friend Jess in Headingley. We stayed in Box for a few hours, then I got a taxi into town to meet my friend Tom and his friend Izzy at Yates'. We were in there for a few hours then wandered down to Stone Roses where we stayed until 6am. It wad a great night and surprisingly I didn't feel hungover the next day, despite having 3 hours sleep and getting to work for 11am.

I really like this picture. Tom, Izzy & I looking very jolly.
Over the past few months i've been to quite a few gigs in Leeds, including bands and comedians. Russell Howard at Leeds Arena was my final one for a while, and he didn't disappoint. I went with my cousin, Josh, and we loved it. Earlier that day i'd been at work and my friend Nathan (who was also going to see Russell that night), came in saying that Russell was in the Apple Store downstairs. I got all excited (not that I could do anything as I was working), and sure enough, a few minutes later, Russell Howard walked past our store. I freaked out but was frustrated there was nothing I could do about it, Nathan however, went up and got a picture with him. Needless to say we all hate Nathan now.

The only picture I got because I was too busy laughing.
During the Easter Holidays, I went to Alton Towers with my friends Sophie, Fallon and my sister, Emma. The weather wasn't perfect but for the majority of the time it stayed dry. We stayed over in a cute little hostel near the park overnight and went back for a second day on the rollercoasters, managing to get on pretty much every ride throughout the 2 days. Even though it was only overnight it was really nice to get away from Leeds for a bit.

Went on Nemesis. Em loved it, I looked like a thumb.
I've also been busy putting my degree to some good use finally. I've been organising a Cancer Research fundraiser as Josh has absolutely kicked ass since he was diagnosed*. It's basically a talent show for younger kids to show some of their creativity and enjoy themselves, there's also your typical community fundraiser things like Bric-A-Brac, Tombola, Raffle, Quiz, Bake Sale, other stage performances etc. It's just great to put everything i've learned in the past 4 years towards such a great cause, and if it helps even one person get the treatment they need or maybe just give Josh a little boost then it will have all been worth it. If you're reading this and fancy coming, here's the Facebook event and if you want to book tickets, just get in touch with me!

Then came my last ever student loan. This was a bittersweet occasion, so I treated myself to some new clothes, a Pandora ring, a couple of jackets and a few other bits to get me through this difficult time. I now have less than a month left of University. On one hand, I can't wait to get all of it done with. I can't imagine what it's like to not have any work looming over your head or stressing about revision. It must be so nice and peaceful. But on the other hand, i'm going to miss it. A lot. I'll miss my housemates and the drama-riddled street that is Headingley Mount, i'll miss being a student and feeling like it's okay if I mess up a bit now because technically i'm not an adult yet, i'll miss getting discounts everywhere, i'll miss Headingley all together, and in a way i'll just miss the campus. But all good things must come to an end, and I need to start looking towards the next chapter and to more adventures around the world.

Annabel
*Update: he's had the malignant tumour removed from his thigh and received 3 nerve grafts. He was told that after the op he would have a leg brace on for 5/6 months. It was taken off after a week. I'm still convinced he's not human or it's an elaborate prank because it's just not phased him at all and he's inspiring us all with the way he's just stayed himself and not sat around complaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment